Tuesday, March 17, 2009

CHINESE!!!!

There are times when I have chosen a course for my children, not knowing where it will lead or why. 
Last week I went to a meeting for the first Chinese language immersion classes in our district that will produce a fluent speaker by the time they enter Jr. high. I couldn't be more excited for my kids. Eli, because he went to Draper (not our local school) last year, got in  and Wyatt will have priority next year. They will spend half the day speaking only Chinese and half in English. They will do this until they finish elementary school and more will be offered in Jr. high and high school.
There have been many times lately where I have fell my kids have no competing chance in this global world, and I have so wanted something like this to come along. I feel its an answer to prayers. Hooray for Gov. Hunstman who has provided the initial funding. CHINESE!!!!

1 comment:

Wife and Mother. said...

Chinese immersion in elementary school? I didn't even know something like that was an option in Utah. How cool that you're getting your kids involved in this opportunity!