Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Dead zone


So someone told me the other day that they've heard the last few weeks of pregnancy referred to as the "dead zone." Meaning, you don't want to make any plans or be anywhere in case you go into labor, so you're just waiting, mostly miserably for the day. I find it interesting, that for the most part, the only things we don't plan in life are birth and death. Don't we just love knowing/scheduling our lives? I like the convenience, and maybe the security of knowing where the people I'm going to need will be. So not knowing makes me slightly frustrated. Plus the cherry on the top is feeling like a whale with an alien punching you inside, and wanting it OUT! But, as Jason reminds me,I will be asking in the weeks ahead to just put it back. I tried to have some pictures taken, but it seems I look fat in my face now, so there was only one picture I really liked.
Anyway, I'm getting everything ready. Meals planned for next 10 days, check. Clothes washed, floors cleaned, check, check. Now I just need to get the crib up and the bags packed. Jason's even going out of town for a few days. Better wait a week or so.

5 comments:

Liz said...

You look fantastic. Let me know if I can help with anything as the big day approaches!

Jer + Lu said...

Kare- that is the sweetest pic ever!! I'd love to see more... What a perfect little belly :) Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I know all about the dead zone. Well lets look at the bright side - you look so cute!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wife and Mother. said...

Ooh, you look so dang cute!! I can't wait to take pictures like that with Geoff. Don't worry about having a fat face (you are almost 9 months pregnant, after all). I pulled my hair in a ponytail today, and lo and behold, my face is already plumping out. Anyway, you look great, and your baby is almost here! Yay!