Friday, October 5, 2007

baby appointment


So I didn't sleep well at all last night because I was so worried about seeing a new doctor today. I made the appointment early which also never helps me sleep. We also know that our insurance won't be covering this kid, so I was worried about the money. We get to the office and find out the doctor doesn't take my insurance at all. Maybe it was the pregnancy, but I don't like feeling like I don't have the right password or whatever to be treated, and I started to cry. Nice. I get embarrassed when I can't control this. Anyway, we decided to just pay out of pocket to at least see if the baby was okay (and that I wasn't having twins, phew). The doctor knew the situation and didn't have us pay anything. I couldn't believe it. I don't know what I think about health care in this country, I want it to change, but I don't want the government to intervene so the quaility of health care goes down. My general doctor usually delivers my babies, but she had a baby last week so I've got a few months to be on my own. I made next appointment at the same clinic, so I know I'm covered there. All of this also makes me upset that my husbands company can't just buy us good insurance. It would go a long way to job satisfaction if you felt your family was taken care of.

No comments: