Friday, October 19, 2007

Thinking food, as always


The picture is from a jaunt to the U Natural History Museum with some of our friends back in Aug, but I thought it was now sesonally appropriate.

So I did go to the store this week and buy food that the baby in my stomach forced me to pick out. It included Chex Mix (no longer as fattening because they deleted the nuts.), brats, microwave meals (no preservatives), white bread, cream cheese, ice cream, tapioca pudding, Cheerios... anyway, a lot of carbs and fats. The amount of packaged goods was so out of the ordinary, that I went to Costco today and bought all veggies. I saw this book on Oprah a few weeks ago by Jessica Seinfeld (Jerry's wife) where you try to hide vegetables in food kids like so they don't know they are eating them. I plan on pureeing a lot of carrots, spinach, sweet potatoes and cauliflower this weekend. I am a deer widow anyway, I might as well. The book is called Deceptively Delicious, and I'll let you know how it works. The nice thing is, once the baby starts eating, it will all be purees anyway so I'll be on a roll hopefully.

No comments: